Using a unique 3 layer design, The Swag keeps fresh produce fresh, crisp and happy for weeks. Waste less, save money, reduce your carbon footprint through food waste reduction and eat more nutrient dense food.
How long would you have lasted sealed in a plastic bag or container without air or water?
Not long, right?!
Well, it’s the same for all living things, therefore if you want your fruit and veggies to stay fresher for much longer, then you need to give them an environment they can thrive in.
The Swag is a breathable bag, meaning fruit & veggies stay fresher for much longer – naturally. The Swag is made out of three different/unique layers of 100% natural, unbleached, unseeded cotton materials. Each of the three layers play a significant role in keeping your fresh produce fresher for much longer!
- The robust outer layer of The Swag protects your fruit and veggies by preserving the water within the middle layer from drying out too quickly.
The thick, absorbent middle layer holds the bulk of the moisture. This layer draws the water away from the fresh produce yet allows it to hydrate as needed.
- The inner layer of The Swag provides a dryer protection barrier however as all three layers are permeable, they allow your fruit and veggies to breathe and stay fresher for longer.
The Swag can be used for a variety of fruit and vegetables such as grapes, several bunches of herbs, kale, lettuce and other leafy vegetables, broccoli, cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes etc. You can have a combination of fruits, veggies and leafy greens all in one Swag!
The Swag core features are;
- colour coded trim for easy organization
- made from several unique layers of 100% unbleached, unseeded cotton
- Non-toxic/chemical free
- 100% sustainable and biodegradable (or recycled with textiles)
- ethically and fair-trade produced (SEDEX)
- ‘How to Use’ Information booklet is rolled into each single Swag
- a portion of each product sold goes to Destiny Rescue, a non-profit to help rescue children from human trafficking (read more about it
- Machine wash before use.
- Dampen Swags under the tap & wring out excess water.
- Pack fruit, veggies & leafy greens into your Swags
- Place in the crisper of the fridge.
- BOOM! Enjoy 2 weeks or more of freshness (on average).
Every two or three weeks, turn inside out, and cold machine wash preferably with a non-toxic washing powder. Dry in full sun if possible. And repeat!